Skip to main content

Rostom "Ross" Sarkissian - CD4

February 03 2015
Written by CityWatch.

As an outsider to City Hall, my focus will be on policy, not politics.  

I envision a City that is composed of small villages and neighborhoods that have thriving main streets and are connected by smart transportation.  It is a City whose budgets are balanced, and whose small businesses are charting the course for the new economy.  

Our Council member should have an analytical approach to problem solving; a strong educational background and a proven track record of engagement in the community.  I am that candidate.  

I’m a graduate of our own Occidental College and earned a Master’s degree in Public Policy from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.  As a former Coro Fellow in Public Affairs, I understand how policy and politics works.  I just prefer the policy. 

The major issues facing the District are the City’s structural deficit; the stifling traffic; and the competitive hurdles small businesses face.  All these issues should be approached from a long term perspective.  This requires fresh thinking and a willingness to focus on policies, not politics. 

[email protected]

747-202-2597

 

Get The News In Your Email Inbox Mondays & Thursdays


Featured CityWatch Stories

OP-ED - I am writing to my neighbors over my deep concern about the candidacy of Marissa Roy for Los Angeles City Attor…
NICK’S VIEW - Los Angeles needs purposeful, decisive leadership. Without it, the city risks sleepwalking into crisis. T…
NICK'S VIEW - California’s high-speed rail (HSR)project has become so complex, unstable, and financially off track that…
LA RENTS - Landlords have found a new way to bypass rent control restrictions to ripoff their tenants. This landlord s…
WEST BANK - There are crimes that arrive with explosions, and crimes that advance quietly—through a bulldozer at dawn…