Date: Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Subject: animal dumps at South 11th st
To: "The STAND Foundation, Inc." <[email protected]>

Dan, I was at the facility this AM because I needed to p/u some paperwork from ARK clinic on next block.  Cruised past bldg..... there it was!!!!! THE BOX by the door......I went to ARK, then I came back hoping the box would be gone. Nope.  It was low and flat...a litter of kittens I thought..looked inside... was a severely injured dog, maybe 25 lbs.....beagle type...puncture wounds/ blood  everywhere.  I was just barely able to lift box...drove the poor animal to the new facility......he wasn't even whimpering....

I know that LAAS does not own the bldg, the City does.  I wonder if anyone is keeping count of how many animals/week are abandoned there. While the guy working 2 min wage jobs, no car, got a ride to 11 th st is not likely to go off on a search of new shelter location, hopefully some people would.

I'd like to rent a tall ladder, climb up w a bucket of paint and cover that shelter mural!!!!  It is a crime to leave the property as it is...The bldg should be draped w banners that say "closed", "not a shelter", and a map to the new location...

Just wanted to let you know...

●●●

(Daniel Guss, MBA, is a writer who lives in Sherman Oaks.)

-cw

{module [862]}
{module [662]}

CityWatch

Vol 12 Issue 78

Pub: Sep 26, 2014

Get The News In Your Email Inbox Mondays & Thursdays